Sunday, March 19, 2006

Day 63 - The First Movie

Oh... By the way... THE SEATS GOT HERE YESTERDAY!!! There will be pictures. Hold your horses, or other livestock, whatever you got... Barb will do the pics soon...

Lance and Heather Claussen were weekend guests at Chez Ladnier, and, as the seats were delivered on Saturday, it fell to them to choose the first movie. Lance is LL's genius graphics guy, and his wife Heather is perfectly lovely and wonderful. We had a great weekend with them.

I don't know if it was my rabid insistence over the course of the project that 'A Hard Day's Night' was going to be the first film, or that they really wanted to see it, but, the first official film in the Ladner Theatre, it was! (I say the first official film because Barb had warmed up the theatre on Saturday with a personal viewing of 'Top Gun' and 'Forrest Gump'.)

The experience was climactic. This desire had built up for ten years. Some of you probably tired of hearing about "someday we'll have a theatre in the basement". I don't blame you, I was tired of hearing it, too. And, I was the guy saying it!

All I can say is that it has been worth the wait. The picture is great, the sound is tremendous. Audience comfort was at a high level in these soft-as-a-cloud chairs. Everyone was happy!

Anyway, I just wanted it on the record about the first film, so I'll say goodbye for now...

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home